Sunday, April 17, 2011

Metal Sculpture Idea

So I have finally settled on my final idea for this semester.

I will create a water powered metal sculpture powered by rain, which will be left outside to rust and return to nature over the course of its life.

I envision a the top looking not unlike a mushroom cap, except on the lower edge a small trough will run around the diameter to channel the water to a single point. That single point will fill cups that sit below it on a sort of ferris wheel looking device. Which will in turn pull a hammer up and release it with enough force to sound the pipe bell's note. Build it correctly with measurements, it can tell you how much it has rained.

However in order to avoid the failing of last kinetic sculpture. I envision this entire piece being not bigger than a half sheet of notebook paper high and wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment