Saturday, March 5, 2011

Installation Origins Final Part 3

In the third installment covering my final installation I will attempt to gather all my sketchs into a cohesive flow that will show how my vague idea developed into a concrete object over time.

I suppose the most important thing to say is that I had to go through dozens of designs and mock ups before I found one that worked and often incorporated parts of "failed" ideas into late iterations.

First Idea Kinetic Stick figures. Fun Idea, but didn't really excite me. (Also using AutoCAD to be all digital, didn't last long) Week 2


Second Idea Kinetic Sine wave. Idea was to recreate a drop of water hitting liquid surface. (Notice the lack of any drive system. Ha ha ha oh dreams) Week 3



Rotating Stick Figure Theatre (I blame too much tom otterness for this obsession) Week 4







Early concepts for Sine wave too digital wave translation. In this case using a screw beneath to drive bars up and down. Week 5





Later Revisons Week 6
First Materials

 Final Design Revisons










Final Design revisions and Drawings











 ... Sucess? We Shall See





No comments:

Post a Comment