Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Next Ideas

Hmmmmm...
So currently I am utterly perplexed by what to do for this Spring 2011 term. My kinetic sculpture for the installation is not going as well as I had hoped. Which in an odd way makes me want to attempt another. I would really like to do some work with inflatables and color. http://jansonrobert.blogspot.com/ . Although on the purely practical level, I want to forge a custom blade out of steel. Since art that works is twice as awesome.

Oh also, I got a drawing tablet! so I am attempting on my drawing sketches on it.

First attempt at Space scene creation using layers: The Space part turned out surprisingly well, The Planet I just got cocky.


Seeing how badly this was going made me jump over to the kinetic sculpture ideas

 Which made me jump the color, space and air idea
But then I could't get past a basic concept, so I drew a reoccurring Image From my dreams. A high cliff jutting the night sky as a precipice. And the feeling how easy it would be to fall

Thinking of the sky reminded my of satellites, which lead to the island chain from above
 Which vaguely has iguana outlined in its highlights and shadows

So stream of consciousness hasn't yield the results I wanted yet. Although, I feel either the fluid dynamics with light, or cutlery seem the most compelling.

update:

This one? not as terrible


No comments:

Post a Comment